From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 19:40:50 -0500
Every registered dietician I've ever talked to about these "cleansing
regimens" to rid the intestines/colon/etc. of "toxins" (including enemas)
says they are 100% hogwash.  Likewise, toxins do not accumulate in the
muscles.  Some heavy metals are stored in the fat cells, but I do not
believe they can be released through a massage.

If you feed your child lots of broccoli, they will have green stools.
If you feed your child lots of beets, they will have pink/red stools.
If you feed your child lots of bananas, they will have stools with little
black threads in them that can look like tiny worms.

Katherine A. Dettwyler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Anthropology and Nutrition
Texas A&M University
mailto:[log in to unmask]