Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2015 12:30:34 +1100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
Hi Jacqui,
The adoptive bf email lists and BBs are pretty inactive these days. There is a Facebook group that is active https://www.facebook.com/groups/AdoptiveBreastfeeding/ but I was very disappointed to discover yesterday that the moderators do not accept membership of people who are not adoptive parents (the may accept you however, as a professional). 
DO you have a copy of the ABA booklet on relactation and adoptive breastfeeding? It's very mum friendly and has a lot about older babies- including a case study of a baby over 1 whose mum relactated after having previously weaned to undertake IVF (unsuccessful).
Karleen Gribble
Australia
> 
> Hello, esteemed experts!
> 
> I am currently assisting a mother with getting her 8 month old baby girl back to breast. Breastfeeding was initiated immediately postpartum, but mother and baby were separated at day 3 pp. Baby has been receiving bottles and formula from her caregiver ever since. Mother has continued pumping and is extremely motivated to get baby back to breast. 
> 
> I know my end of the job, my question is: what resources/websites/blogs are my breast friends liking these days for relactation/adoptive breastfeeding with older babies? AskLenore has always been my ‘tried and true’, but I’ve not had this situation in quite some time and thought I’d see if there’s anything relevant these days that I should know about. The less technical and more ‘Mom-friendly’,  and the more likely I can share directly with mom, the better!
> Thanks in advance!
> Jacqui Gruttadauria, BSW
> (Who recently got to provide brief shelter and nourishment to a fellow Lactnetter doing battle in the cold, cruel world against the forces of artificial feeding in the form of my long-admired role model, Dawn Kersula. I want to add that it was such a gratifying experience, I would love to do it again for any other LNers that might ever find themselves in the Western Oregon, USA area).
> 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2