From:
Kershaw Jane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:34:54 -0600
Tom Hale, who is both a clinical pharmacologist and has a backround in microbiology, has studied yeast.  It does NOT propagate in breast milk UNLESS you add iron to it (which causes yeast to grow - might be why formula fed infants have more thrush?).  Babies who are having very loose, frequent stools will often  have rashes. WE've discussed before all the things to do for oversupply including positioning, etc.  I vote to keep and use the milk!