From:
Cathy Bargar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:26:47 -0400
<I cannot even imagine how the mom felt with the babies' weight
combined at 15.7.>

I can - my twins' combined birth wt. was 17#2 oz. Plus polyhydramnios! I was
miserable, what can I say?

Does anyone know what the limit of combined birthwts is?  I suppose it
varies w/maternal size & build. I am a short person, and short-waisted as
well, and I don't think I could have crammed another ounce in there! In
fact, I INSISTED (with tears and ranting and raving and pleading) that the
doc do the C/S 2 weeks "early", as I couldn't lie down, stand, walk, turn
over, breathe, eat, etc.

Cathy Bargar RN, INCLC Ithaca NY