Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 13:05:31 EDT
Veronica writes:
<< I had a yeast infection once on my neck/shoulder.  I had gone to my doctor
 for an ear infection and he noticed it.  After trying to figure out why I
 would have a yeast infection in that location, I realized that I almost
 always held my baby on that side, he would drool on the cloth diaper, which
 would get my shirt, bra strap, and neck/shoulder area wet. >>

Last summer -- the summer of the Chicowgo Cows, I got a little spot just
below my knee which itched dreadfully.  And I scratched.  And then applied
some hydrocortisone.  It got worse -- it spread.  And itched some more.  By
this time it is red, flaky, and about the size of a quarter (started out
about the size of a half pencil eraser).  My dh, the pharmacist said, "I
think it's yeast, and cortisone can make it worse."  Yeah riiiight -- was my
reply.  Yeast on my KNEE?  No baby drool there.  No baby.  And I realize that
you can get yeast from other activities -- but none involved my knee -- if
you get my drift here.  But, being a dutiful wife, and tired of the itch, I
tried stopped the cortisone and started Lotrimin.  Cleared up immediately.

Wish I had gotten a picture.

Jan -- missing the cows this summer