From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 06:13:27 -0500
Someone asked me a good question.  What is html coding?  I am not a computer
geek, (he's sitting next to me playing Civilization), but Html coding is
when coding  appears for hypertext markup language. programming.  This html
coding/rich text is in some email software for the purpose, I think, of
making email messages more sophisticated, ie for variations in  colors,
fonts, etc.

As an example,

BR>by the way
<BR>--
<BR>turn off the html/rich text formatting button in your email software
<BR>because I have an old computer
<BR>and cannot for the life of me
<P>read html language in my email program
<BR>since my husband is playing games on my new computer</HTML>

That is html formatting.  And the message is true. I can't do anything with
html formatting in email because my husband *is* using the other computer
(new) for games while I work. Sigh. : )  I am sure that most subscribers to
Lactnet cannot decipher html in email. So turn it off. : ) Thanks!

Kathleen
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
mailto:[log in to unmask]
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html
 Emily's Mothering Project- http://together.net/~kbruce/proj.html
For LACTNET quilt raffle: http://together.net/~kbruce/kbblact.html