From:
Narelle Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 10:12:31 +1000
My recent post to LACTNET covering the long list (three pages in
"Breaking the Rules" 1994) refers to the one below. There are also
some good articles about sponsorship floating around as well which
when I'm next at home I'll track them down and poass them on.

Patricia recently posted the full reference to Action For Corporate
Responsibility which publish "Breaking the Rules", and I just thought
I'd add that if anyone wants a copy outside the USA they will happily
post it to you - in Australia you can get them from Community Aid
Abroad's Baby Food Action Group. Since I'm still its co-ordinator
in Sydney I can pass one on (they cost $7 + postage).

I'd have to add that every chemist and supermarket I passed whilst
shopping on the weekend had their cans of formula "positioned"
prominently in their shops - and we have very little public
formula advertising here!

>I got a call from a representative from Wyeth (SMA, Nursoy). She wanted to
>come and see the breastfeeding clinic that I work in and to discuss her
>company's policies about breastfeeding support. She told me that Wyeth
>"belongs to the CODE" and that the company funds over 200 breastfeeding
>clinics.

<snip>
>I could not work in a
>clinic funded in this way. What are your thoughts on this? Any good
>comebacks? Does anyone know of any Wyeth CODE violations besides giving out
>funding to healthcare facilities?
>
>Jacki Glover
>
>---
>Bill & Jacki Glover            e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>Public Access Internet
>The University of Lethbridge

* Narelle Clark                                [log in to unmask] *
* Data Network Administrator                     ph: +612 330 2030 *
* University of Technology, Sydney              fax: +612 330 1994 *
* PO Box 123 Broadway 2007                                         *
* NSW AUSTRALIA                                                    *
*          Whoever said this was an Information Superhighway       *
*      hasn't followed a Kangaroo Trail! It looks the same to me!  *