From:
Karen Kurtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2009 23:07:38 -0400
I had a first time client today whose situation stumped
me.  I asked her permission to post here.  She is pg.
with baby number 4.  With each of her other babies she
said she tried breastfeeding for a few days and each time
wound up in the emergency room with a High Fever and no
other symptoms and was told to stop breastfeeding.  The
fever then resolved.  I asked her if she ever tried to
resume, she did with one baby and in a few days had a
fever again.  Her OB is telling her not to breastfeed,
although she says she plans to try again.  I suggested
she speak to her doctor about trying profalatic
tylenol/motrin or something along those lines.  Of course
I let her know we could talk if she developed a fever so
we could see if there is any other cause.  The only other
remarkable thing she told me is she has a latex allergy,
probably unrelated but I thought I'd throw that in.
Anyone heard of this before?

Karen

Karen Kurtz, IBCLC

Professional Lactation Services for