From:
Yvonne Bannister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 23:26:01 EDT

<< Anyone tried cabbage for postpartum perineal pain and swelling?

I did and it did not work for me.  I tried it for several days to really give
it a good try.  I found that it was too painful on my Hems. to have something
this rough any wfere near them.  I also tried Epson Salt in a Sitz bath and
this worked like a charm, much better than having nothing in the water.  I
also used Aesculus Hipp. 1X and Hamamelis 1X in between the Sitz baths and
w/wo the cabbage.  I found it much more soothing and relaxing than the Witch
Hazel which stings!

How is this breastfeeding related?  It helps new moms relax and feel good
while breasteeding since many moms try nursing lying down because of the pain
and wind up with sore nipples.  See ya, Yvonne

Yvonne C. Bannister, IBCLC
Private Practice/Baby's BestFeeding