From:
Janet Vandenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 10:51:14 -0500
I am posting this from someone on another board who is looking for
ideas but is not on Lactnet.  She asked me to post her query here.
You can reply to the list, to me or to her directly:

"Hi - I am a former LLL Leader and IBCLC who
 now works in a large daycare centre. Our speech
 pathologist has presented me with an interesting
 problem. She has a client whose child nursed
 exclusively (no solids were given)until age 2. He is
 now 3 and experiencing speech delays. Family
 members accuse mom of "causing" the problem due
 to the extended nursing. We are looking for some
 good references to support the mom's position. My
 feeling is that, while there may be some delays,
 perhaps due to the child's sucking pads being
 enlarged, in the long term, jaw formation and
 musculature should be optomized, rather than
 compromised, and that any delays would have other
 causes. Any ideas?"

Glenda

mail to:[log in to unmask]

--