From:
Katherine Catone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 05:46:52 -0700
The doctor thinks what?!!!  I fail to see how using the breasts for the
purpose they were designed for would impact healing from hip replacement
surgery?  This sound to me like another case of what Dr. Newman calls
'sacrificing breastfeeding on the altar of ignorance'.  Instead of the
mother needing to prove anything, I think the Surgeon needs to be able to
document his position.

Marie Davis, are you out there?  I would think you could comment on this
with  your history of hip surgeries.

Kathe Catone, IBCLC, LLLL