From:
Liz Cammin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:35:11 -0400
Hello Jennifer,

Take a look at this article:  http://www.llli.org/NB/NBJulAug01p124.html

It will list many benefits of breastfeeding for moms.  I hope you find
it helpful!  There are many other great articles on La Leche League's
website.

Actually, I try to be mindful of my language when I'm talking about
"benefits" of breastfeeding.  Breastfeeding, to me, is the biological
norm.  So, when a baby feeds as nature intended, it is normal, not
"better".  So, the "benefits" to the mom are normal, not "benefits".  It
is not normal for the mother to NOT be protected against cancer,
osteoporosis, anemia, and so on.  I think we in lactation need to be
mindful of language, and realize that when babies are fed artificially,
there are risks to both the baby's health and the mother's.

Liz Cammin, RN, LLLL

--
I didn't give you the gift of life.  Life gave me the gift of you.