From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 21:48:12 -0800
Hi All!
Jay here.  Miss you all terribly, but have no time for the 'puter with all
these kids!  :)  Patrick is doing great! He has gained 3 lbs 2 oz since
birth (now is 5 wks old) and weighs in at 12 lbs 9 oz!  He has also grown
2.5 in!  Is this kid doing great, or what?

OK, now on to my question...

Mom calls my friend Karen for help.  Seems she needs to pump and dump due to
need to take Cipro for kidney/bladder infection (sorry, don't remember
which).  She has a complicated history of Kidney failure (on dialisis off
and on since childhood) , Gest Diabetes during preg, and some other stuff
that my tured brain can't remember.  Dr says Cipro only for the infection.
My question is this:  Can she still BF baby (who is 3 months old) while
taking Cipro?  I seem to recall that new info had found it to actually be OK
while BF.  Is this true and accurate?  Tom, do you have any updated info on
this drug?
All info will be helpful.  Please sens replies to me privately as I am still
no-mail (and to the list for everyone else).  My new e-mail is:

TIA!!

Love,
Jay