From:
Linda Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 2009 12:30:46 -0500
Thanks everyone for your responses to my inquirie with this baby.  Linda
Palmer I appreciate knowing now how if it is an allergen to something in
moms diet, and comes up immediately,
the baby wont show usual signs of rash etc.  BUT, baby doesnt usually throw
up at the breast, just breastmilk via a bottle.  But not formula via a
bottle.  But has thrown up (projectile)
a couple times from the breast.

Unfortunately,  I was unable to get in contact with her this week.  But will
let you know.

On another note, I posted a few weeks back about one of my mothers with
supply that was absolutely all over the place.  She had been doing
fenugreek, and we changed to goats rue, now knowing
that fenugreek is not a good choice for those with possible thyroid issues.
She was hyperthyroid at the time, so docs suspected postpartum thyroiditis.
She seemed to be able to make "just
enough".  Her supply last week plummetted.  Was able to get some
domperidone.  Brought it back up to "just enough", another doc appt, and now
has diagnosis of hashimotos. (!!)

Tho not a fun dx, at least now she will be put on synthroid, and hopefully,
her supply will regulate!

Isnt this fun?!!  ;-)

Thanks for everyone's help!

Linda Hill RN, IBCLC