From:
jhroibal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:33:26 -0600
Dear Johanna,

I also must mention this gem.  My husband was working nights while
attending the University of New Mexico.  He worked as a clerk at a large
grocery store.  Our son was about 2 at the time and nursing like a pro.
When people would buy their groceries and they included infant formula
or even Gerber brand of baby mush-food, he would pick up the item
between the tips of his two fingers (sort of like picking up dirty
socks!)and say incredulously, "You're feeding your baby THIS stuff?!? Do
you know what's IN here?!?"  He would then tell them about his breastfed
son and how much cheaper it was to breastfeed.

He would also often be in the middle of making small talk and when he
saw the formula or other offending item, he would frown and shake his
head and say sorrowfully, "Too bad you're not breastfeeding."

How's that for passive-aggessive?!?!

I can't believe that no one complained.  He certainly was obnoxious,
but totally committed to breastfeeding.

Regards,
Heidi S. Roibal
Albuquerque, NM