From:
Sue Jacoby IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 06:20:13 +0000
Mary Engelbreit has an association with NESTLE to wrap chocolate in Mary
Engelbreit designed wrappers. (See page 94 of Dec/Jan 2003 issue) Apparently
there will be an entire line of gift and holiday themed candy bars...
    Here is my letter to Mary:

Hello Mary,
I love your magazine... thanks for giving me so much inspiration in every issue.
 I am writing not only to compliment you but to let you know of a concern.  When
I turned to the back of my recent issue, I saw a collaboration between Mary
Engelbreit and Nestle, and I was quite dismayed.

Are you aware of the longstanding consumer boycott of Nestle products based on
Nestle's unethical marketing of baby formula?  As a Board Certifed Lactation
Consultant, I keep informed about the commercial forces that undermine
breastfeeding worldwide, and Nestle is by far and away the most serious violator
of the World Health Organization's Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes-
a code accepted by most of the world's countries, including the US.

To see documentation of this, you can go to www.babymilkaction.org for a dismal
and lengthy listing of the ways that Nestle bahaves throughout the world to
decieve mothers and harm babies by undermining breastfeeding.  I would not think
ME would want to associate with such an unethical company.
Sincerely,
Sue Jacoby, IBCLC
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant