Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2011 18:56:34 -0400
Hi Michelle, It's great to hear that the resource is so easily available.
As one of the writers of this brochure, I just want to clarify about the
contributions made for the content and give credit where it is due. LLLC
collaborated with the CDSS and although our writing made up a large portion
of the text and we contributed many hours of editing for the final draft,
there was much valuable and insightful writing and editing done by Ashley
Orr, employed by the Canadian Down Syndrome Society. As well, the mothers'
stories were contributed by women in Canada through the support of the
Hamilton Wentworth chapter of the CDSS. The final choice of photos was at
the discretion of the CDSS. LLLC was able to contribute some photos that
were chosen for their present edition of the brochure. LLLC will be
producing our own version in the coming year. I hope that families will find
the information in each version encouraging and helpful in breastfeeding
their little ones. I would love to hear any feed-back, too!
Anne Kirkham RLC, IBCLC
La Leche League Canada Leader
Ontario

Subject: Re: Down syndrome and BF position

La Leche League Canada recently co-published a pamphlet on Down's Syndrome
with the Down's Syndrome Society of Canada (basically we wrote it and they
paid for it :) ).
http://www.cdss.ca/information/cdss-brochures/breastfeeding-baby-with-down-s
yndrome-pdf.html Hope that helps.