From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:28:09 -0800
Okay...I didn't mean any harm (really).  Actually, I really did think there
might be some learning ability to the standard of care discussion.  There
are many situations where non-MD professionals are very carefully asked to
adhere to Standards of Care, but for some reason (in some states, at least)
the MDs are not scrutinized quite the same way.  I know that we see this all
the time with RNs, DCs, and so on.  I was posting this less from a personal
situation and more from a how is this dealt with in other professional
(within health) arenas as well as within other states and countries.  Does
this make sense?  I'm quite perplexed by the inconsistencies presented here
because I know of RN, IBCLCs who have been stripped of their licenses for
deviations very similar to this, yet the medical board here didn't think the
irregularities warranted any action.
Chris