From:
Carol Bartle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2010 00:33:13 +1200
I have no strong feelings either way regarding the HBOTB intervention programme, as I have never used it nor recommended it, but I think that the research actually said that the behavioural intervention programme when delivered via VIDEOTAPE did not decrease total crying among normal infants. My understanding is that there are people who are trained to deliver this programme and they work with parents and give them support. We can't confidently say that the programme itself does not work at all based on this one research paper when only one aspect of the potential programme delivery mode has been assessed. Are there other research papers that look at the 'package' delivered by the trained programme facilitators?

All the best

Carol Bartle

New Zealand