From:
Billie Jean Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:19:58 -0400
Hi,

Many weeks ago, I posted asking for guidance about a mom who had been in a
car accident leading to delivery at 28 weeks.  She had been in ICU and not
pumping for a week.  When I posted, the baby was going to breast 1-2 times
per day and mom's supply was extremely low.

Several of you responded with great suggestions which I brought to Mom.  She
and I thank you!

What I hadn't known when I posted, was that in addition to a late start in
pumping, she went for an additional week with a defective Lactina.  Also,
prior to this whole mess, she was having serious marital issues which have
exacerbated with the birth of the baby.  Her parents were also coming into
the NICU each day and telling her to stop "torturing that poor baby" with
breastfeeding.

I have been so proud of her, as she has maintained a positive attitude and
has not given up in the face of many nay-sayers.  I spoke with her
yesterday.  Baby has been home and going to breast at each feeding for a few
weeks now.  She continues to pump and is taking Fenugreek with "some"
improvement in supply.  It is still necessary for her to be on the BP meds.
She is not going back to work and has an LC from WIC to come to her home and
continue supporting her in breastfeeding.

Thank you so much for being here to give advice and guidance!

Billie