From:
Linda Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 12:55:46 -0700
I am the original poster of the problem of cleaning pumps in our hospital
pump room.  My post mustn't have been very clear based on the responses
that I have read.
        Let my try again.   Some of the mothers are just plain old sloppy.
They spill their milk on the pump (while pouring into milk storage bags or
dripping from the flange), and some employees eat while pumping, leaving
food particles on the on/off switch.  I am concerned about that type of
mess, not the internal pump parts or pump kits.  Common sense would make
most women clean up after themselves but that is not always happenning.
Does that clear up the problem at hand?  Any suggestions for this type of
problem.  TIA

Linda

Linda Stewart,RN, MSN,IBCLC
in SunnySanDiego,CA