Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:44:51 EDT
BOnnie asks:

Yes i  too would like to know where the 1 breast per feeding is coming from.

I have been hearing that alot in the hospital over the last several
months.>>

I think it is a combination of let the baby finish the first side first,
(meaning don't rip the baby off after x number of minutes so he gets "equal time
on both sides" and The Baby Whisperer who advocates only one side per feed,
and  -- it is beginning to sound -- as though there are some instructors in
lactation  education programs that are teaching the same thing, though where they
got it  from, who knows?

It certainly isn't evidence based practice.

And, of course, we are placing more arbitrary rules on mothers.....

Jan

_http://www.motherofbridebyjan.blogspot.com/_
(http://www.motherofbridebyjan.blogspot.com/)

_Torrey's  Blog_ (http://www.marriedcouplebytorrey.blogspot.com/)