From:
Karen Foard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2011 16:49:03 -0400
I would be interested in hearing what your experiences and generic
recommendations would be for initiating and maintaining  supply for twins,
born at 34 weeks, now are 36.5 weeks adjusted age; both are home from
hospital as they hit 2 kilograms weight (~4.4 pounds)  Neither baby nursed
well for first week, mom gradually got milk in by about day 5-6 and is now
nursing one girl with shield, one baby without shield and they are
exclusively at the breast- Grandma (my friend- her daughter (babies' mum and
one of my daughter's best friends) shares they are nursing great.

What would your recommendations be re any additional pumping after the girls
eat in order to keep building milk supply to meet needs for the down the
road? My fear is that they are doing well with the amount of milk now
because they are still so little but can we at all trust them to keep the
milk supply growing as they grow so they will have available to them a full
supply 2+ months from now?  Would love to hear your experiences with milk
supply and early birds, especially when there are two of them. What advice
would you be giving?

I am at a disadvantage here as all the happenings are in Nairobi Kenya!

Many thanks!  Karen Foard, IBCLC