From:
Catherine Pridie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 23:19:36 -0500
Holly McSpadden's Devil's Advocate response (29 Dec 200) is a reminder
to all of us that no matter how strongly we feel about some issues, there
is almost always another way to look at the situation.  A glimpse into her
day reminds us that the world we want and the world we live are not the
same.
     Sometimes "reality sucks" as my teen-age son would say. Her typical
day was overwhelming and as a nurse who has seen similar scenarios, I can
relate to the heartbreak and frustration of what we see.  I must admit that
sometimes I have wished I could be the "Baby Fairy" and take certain babies
and give them to parents that will love and nurture them (Please don't take
offense, it is just an emotional wish, when I know a baby is going to a
place where they will probably suffer neglect, abuse, and may not live to
see their first birthday).  I have also wished I could take home both
mother and baby and shelter them together, which I can't do either.
     One of the wonderful benefits of Lactnet is an opportunity to hear
different views and voices on so many subjects.  It has helped me in
countless ways, and one of them, as a person of strong opinions and
passionate beliefs, is to see how others think about a topic or situation.
It helps me temper my responses with knowledge and wisdom. Part of my
maturation process I am sure.
     I learn something everytime I log-on, and thanks to all for sharing
your knowledge and methods of working toward successful outcomes.
Diversity is to be celebrated!

Gratitide to my Lact-buddies,

Catherine Pridie, RN BSN IBCLC in sunny Arizona