From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:34:45 +1000
We've got a lot of different countries represented here on Lactnet. I'd like to ask if people could nominate themselves to contact their country office for UNICEF and ask them whether they are going to be putting out a press release for WBW. UNICEF, under most circumstances is the lead agency for infant feeding in emergencies. This is their core business...they might just need a reminder from some of us that this is important. There is a very brief guide for the media on infant feeding in emergencies that can be downloaded from http://www.ennonline.net/resources/view.aspx?resid=126  (it is also available in Arabic) that might help them to put together their press releases.
So! I've contacted UNICEF Australia (and they've said that they will do something). Who will volunteer for their country??? It's very easy to do. Post to Lactnet so we can see if we can get every country convered.
Karleen Gribble
Australia