From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 15:04:02 -0400
The best advice I ever heard was to be willing to compromise, be agreeable
and offer what you think would be best for baby/toddler - not what suits the
parents (either one).  Overnights are not realistic at this age.What does
dad expect to gain by having toddler overnight?  How does dad plan to
comfort this little one?  An 18 month old just isn't old enough to
understand the  separation from mom overnight.

Mom would be much better off to offer  2 long days a week.We expect toddlers
to be happy away from mom for 8-10 hours if she is working. Save overnights
until toddler is aware of what is going on . (that is really about 3 years
old, developmentslly).  Then you talk about spending the night at Daddy's
and get all prepared for it, until it becomes a routine.

Pat in SNJ