From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2007 08:58:52 EST
_In a message dated 12/29/2007 8:39:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Some of  these
effects are sleep disturbances, diminished milk  intake,
_ (http://www.myspace.com/adonicaleeIn a message dated 12/29/2007 8:39:00
A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:Some of these
effects are sleep disturbances, diminished milk intake,This is the study on 12
babies, where 1 took more and 11 took in less milk than the feed before?
disruption of key hormones involved with lactation and a deficit in gross motor
development of babies.Dr. Ruth Little was unable to replicate the 1-point
difference in the Bayley scale when babies were followed out to 18-months.PEDIATRICS
Vol. 109 No. 5 May 2002, pp. e72Discussion. We were unable to replicate the
earlier deficit in motor skills associated with lactation alcohol use. One reason
may be that the dose of alcohol reaching the lactating infant is small, and
tests of infants and toddlers have limited ability to pick up small effects.
Studies of older children may resolve the question of the safety of drinking
while nursing.  Also, she mentions that this gives a taste for alcohol to the
babies - they preferred an alcohol-scented toy in one study. This suggests that
it may promote alcohol ingestion in adolescence and adulthood.Now THAT is very
interesting and suggests a susceptibility. If a child grows up seeing alcohol
use, and is already comfortable with the flavor, then there could be an
increased susceptibility. Remember, I am talking about sensible and moderate alcohol
use. In any situation where alcohol is abused, then the child is at risk for
poor parenting.However, there are no good studies that show harm from sensible
alcohol use. (I don't know why I can't stop the underlining.)warmly,Nikki
Lee) This is the study on 12 babies, where 1 took more and  11 took in less milk
than the feed before? That's the only study I am aware of  that showed this
result. That study assumed a baseline amount of milk  consumption at a feed; we
know from all the great research from Western  Australia that there is no such
thing.

disruption of
key hormones involved with lactation and a deficit in  gross motor
development of babies.
Dr. Ruth Little was unable to replicate the 1-point  difference in a motor
assessment scale when babies were followed out  to 18-months.