Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 07:38:21 +0000
At least one of the reasons soy is not recommended for prematures is
the high aluminum content.  If there is no proof this is dangerous for
full term infants, there have been documented cases of renal and CNS
toxicity due to aluminum in premature babies receiving soy formula.
Sorry I don't have the references, but I will try to find them if you
need them.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC