From:
Jamelle Lyons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 2009 11:42:38 -0400
Hello,
I read your post, and had a few questions.

> He is lactose intolerant and she has had him on all kinds of milks other than
bovine.

Why would she have him on all kinds of milk other that bovine if he is lactose
intorlerant? Lactose is found in all real milks. Unless you are talking about
soy 'milk',  rice 'milk', etc.

>I even suggested she think of banked human milk.
She is leery of this since she thinks it would be too difficult finding a donor
with dietary restrictions etc.?

Again if he is lactose intolerant, he could not drink human milk either. What
dietary restrictions does the donor need to be on?

You (or she) might be confusing 'lactose intolerance' with an allergy to bovine
milk.  Is that possible? That would explain the 'dietary restrictions' part of this

As far as whether or not it would be worth it for him to receive human milk I
do not know. (I'll put money down her Pedi GI won't know either, but will say
no)

Jamelle Lyons IBCLC