From:
Katharine West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 10:13:46 -0700
Thank you one and all, I have received the info I needed from Tom's book
- LactNet is swift and wonderful!!

For the sake of the archives and anyone else who may need to search
Flexeril some day, here is the basic information: Structurally similar
to tricyclic antidepressants, Flexeril has serum peak levels at 3-4
hours and is 93% protein-bound. Thus, very little active drug would be
available to go into the milk anyway. Since the tricyclics are
compatible with BFing, and are the preferred antidepressent for the
BFing mother, Flexeril should be likewise compatible, however, Flexeril
has not been reviewed.

Blessings on you all for your help!!
Katharine West, BSN, MPH
Sherman Oaks, CA