From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:53:09 -0600
I think this article, and situation in Texas, is worth discussing.    Once
again, this Texas law seems to be very weak, if it does not apply to private
property.  (Recall the Round Rock (was that the name?) Resturant incident of
a few years ago).

What about the California law, doesn't it apply to private property?  No
wonder moms are running into trouble, if all the state laws are different.

Janice Reynolds

From the article:
Specifically, the cards state "A mother is entitled to breast-feed her baby
in any location in which the mother is authorized to be." But the statue,
which is taken from Chapter 165.002 of the THSC, can only be enforced on
public property, said Seguin Police Department Detective Sgt. Maureen
Watson.

"Under Texas Law, breastfeeding in public is legal," Watson said. "But on
private property, people can assert their own standards or moral conduct. If
people are offended and complained to the management, the management can ask
someone to leave."

Police will enforce the management's wishes in "order to keep the peace,"
Watson said. Because the incident was resolved without any altercation - the
family's money was returned and they left the theater - no criminal offense
was committed. It is not against the law to show the female breast in
public, Watson clarified, only parts below the waist.