From:
Janna Zempsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 21:23:59 -0500
Hi all!  I'm set to NOMAIL, so please reply to [log in to unmask]
privately if you have any advice for me:  I am working with a mom who =
has breastfed for slightly over 1 year, with such an overabundant supply =
that she was able to donate many times to the bank!  She has slowly =
slowly weaned her baby - down to 2 feedings for 2 months, then 1 feeding =
per day for 1 month, now is trying to stop.  Her breasts are lumpy all =
over and very VERY painful.  I have recommended in the past for her to use =
lecithin for her chronic plugged ducts:  she is still taking that (9 =
tablets, 1200 mg each); she is binding herself; she has had continuous =
cabbage for 5 days; she is taking ibuprofen 800mg every 8 hours - and =
she has no signs of an infection.   But she's miserable and concerned =
that this will never end!  How can I advise her?  thanks so much, Janna =
Zempsky IBCLC in central CT where we got 10 inches of snow in the past 8 =
hours.