From:
Sheila Angalet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 02:40:42 -0400
Dear All -

Since the thread has been going around about "formula" company pumps, I
thought you all might find this interesting. My co-Leader sent it to me. The
author is "just" a mother - but this is her "take" on this.  Permission was
given by the original author to share with you.

Sheila Angalet, LLL-Edison, NJ

<Hi Sheila,
<I read this on the bf message board I'm on.  Got permission from author to
pass it <on.    Thanks.
<Rach

<<Subj:  Conspiracy?
<<Date:  97-05-25 13:16:25 EDT
<<From:  ************

<<Okay, maybe I'm paranoid and turning into a militant breastfeeder, but I
have to tell <<you this story.

<<I belong to an org. called Home Testing Institute.  They send me samples
and <<surveys and stuff to test here at home all the time.  When they found
out I am <<nursing, they asked me to evaluate a breast pump.  I said sure, so
they sent it. (I <<use a Pump in Style daily).

<<The pump was a manual, and guess what was on it?  The Ross pharmaceuticals
<<bear.  The "breastmilk storage bottles" had Isomil and Similac on the lids.
 I <<assembles the pump and first it took forever to figure out  and then
when I finally <<did, it HURT!  When they called to ask me what I thought
about the pump, I raked <<it over the coals.  ONe of the questions they
asked, however, got me thinking.  <<They wanted to know how likely I would be
to use this pump if I received it free in <<the hospital after the birth of a
baby.

<<So now I'm wondering, suppose I'm a new mom who wants to bf and I get this
<<AWFUL pump free in the hospital, and of course when I use it it hurts and I
get <<nothing.  So what might I do?  Maybe feed my baby some of the formula
that I <<have no doubt will be packaged with the pump?  Hmmmm.  Gets you
thinking, <<doesn't it.

<<Carrie & Jamie, 5 mos. Wednesday