From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:33:30 PST
Dr. Newman - you are right on. And I warn LCs now, as I have in the
past, if you use the free formula co. materials or give out their breast
pumps, etc. they will use it to further market their stuff. They could
say in their brochures "IBCLCS love our free bf materials and say they
are accurate and up to date" or "IBCLCs often give out our ready made
formula to moms who need to supplement for medical reasons" blah, blah,
blah....It will come back to bite you.....not to mention all this
increases the cost of the formula. Hope I am preaching to the choir.
And as Dr. Jack says and others re the Code. It is not about
manufacturing, having, using formula. It is about MARKETING the stuff.
Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
Violet LA - SE USA in the 70's F and spring has sprung