From:
"mumma2wldthings @mac.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:31:57 -0400
hello breast friends !

just wanted to pop in & share how excited i was to take my young
children to the latest miyazaki film, 'Ponyo' . he's our favorite film-
maker hands down and hasn't released anything since 'spirited away' a
few yrs ago.  how thrilled was i when ponyo offered a stranded mother
w/ babe in arms some broth . the mother tasted it and ponyo (a magical
fish-turned-child of about 5) reacted w/ extreme indignation and
remonstrated, 'that's for the BABY, not you !' . the mother replied
that the baby was too young still and could only drink milk . i
thought, 'best case scenario, mom leaves it at that, worst case: mom
whips out a bottle' . to my delighted surprise, mom went on to assure
ponyo that if she drank the broth, it would help her make milk for the
baby and the baby would still be getting it . i was so thrilled for
even such a small tidbit of bfing common sense from anything even
remotely disney-related, i just can't tell you . almost as thrilled as
when i looked over and saw all 4 of my older children (3, 4, 8 &9)
nodding in agreement . :-)
~jacqui gruttadauria, bsw
(near detroit, michigan - where i seem to be drowning in moms sent to
me through a friend of a friend of a goat's uncle who heard i am
nursing a baby w/ multiple food allergies on a strict elimination diet
and are finding themselves facing the same prospect ... and wondering
lately if i were to become an lc if there's a lot of training going on
w/ this booming issue & if many here are also dealing w/ it a lot
lately .
www.myspace.com/mummaTOwldthings

It's about Love.
www.myspace.com/mummaTOwldthings