From:
"A. Bon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:10:40 +0100
Hi all,

In the Netherlands we do not have milkbanks. A couple of months ago I was contacted by a
head nurse from a hospital in the Netherlands, with the question I would know people who
wanted to donate their milk. There was a very sick child of 1,5 year old who only
tolerated human milk.

She also contacted human milk banks in Belgium and Germany, but they found out the child
only tolerates unpasteurized human milk.

We found a mother of twins, who had pumped exclusievely, still had more milk than her
twins consumed, and had 20 litres of milk in the freezer. This woman pumped a couple of
months for the ill child.

now, the nurse emailed me again , because she is looking for new donors. The child needs 1
liter milk a day.

so, now we are looking for new donors who are willing to let them screen for infections.

I wrote the nurse there was a girl in the US that has lived on human milk for many years,
and is a healthy young woman now, but still needs human milk when she is ill. Her name was
Casey? or Stacey? something like that...

She would like to read more about this case. Now my question: could you help me about
references/articles etc about her?

TIA!

Annelies Bon (Dirk 8, Tom 7, Pieter 3)
http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/abon/bfbronnen.htm
counsellor of the Dutch bf organization "Borstvoeding Natuurlijk"