Date:
Sat, 7 May 2005 11:57:11 +0100
>Mummy knows breast?
>Kate Winslet, Emma Freud, Trinny and Susannah - they've all consulted
>the breast-feeding guru Clare Byam-Cook. This ex-midwife insists nursing
>is a skill that must be learnt, says Morag Preston
>
>I saw a breastfeeding film that she did for TV.  It is in the same vein
>as the Baby Whisperer.  I use it for students as an exercise in
>recognizing incorrect breastfeeding information or what not to say if
>you want to help moms breastfeed.
>Esther Grunis, IBCLC
>Lis Maternity Hospital
>Tel Aviv, Israel

The reason why there are so many articles on bf in the UK press is
that we have our annual government-backed National Breastfeeding
Awareness Week coming up.  It is very tiresome to see so much
incorrect, prejudiced and bitter reporting.

The above mentioned person, Clare Byam Cook, is frequently reported
criticisng NCT and misquoting us.  We offer a free service and she
charges a substantial fee. I don't know if she thinks she is in
competition with us somehow. I do not know what her personal approach
is with mothers, but her book is certainly questionable.

Esther, it is interesting you use her work as an example of what not
to say and do.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc, tutor, UK