From:
Barb Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 12:05:08 -0600
From: coleb                Tue Jan 30, 1996 -- 11:56:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]@
Regina,

That was a wonderful post today.  I am so glad you were so successful just by
your own strength and determination.  I am a white woman who continues to be
naively shocked at how rotten things have been in the past and the present
for black women (black people).  Those stupid doctors treat white women the
same way as you described you were treated, even though you have good reason
to think race has something to do with it.  I have met and worked with many
OB physicians who went into this specialty because they are able to control
and dominate women.  These are guys who really don't like women at all.  I
have also met my share of very nice, caring men who went into OB because they
adore and respect women.   There are all kinds everywhere.  You are making a
tremendous difference in the lives of so many young women who can look at you
and truly feel they do stand a chance against the odds.  Congratulations for
getting out of your abusive relationship!