From:
Ruth Cantrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:43:32 +1000
I don't understand. If there is a genuine risk of aquiring Hep B or C from
having a tatoo. Why would you go ahead with the tatoo??? breastfeeding or
not. How come we make such a big deal of protecting a newborn baby  from
possible illness danger etc via mother breastfeeding and/or pregnancy and we
are so willing to allow ourselves to be put at risk without thinking of
other possible consequences to those in contact with us. Or does this simply
mean that particular shop was admitting to using shared equipment and
needles to do tatoos? What is the risk of contamination through tattooing
and exactly why? If it is simply shared needles then surely  is should be
simple enough to eliminate the risk.

Ruth C

Ruth Cantrill BN M Mid (Hons) IBCLC
BreastWorx Baby Feeding Assessment and Breast Management Information Service
REDLAND BAY  4165 Australia
Email: [log in to unmask]