Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:05:40 EDT
<< and  yes, in my church (to the dismay of those who didn't think breastfed
babies
 in arms should be allowed to attend a weekend women's retreat) : ) >>

I think I have posted this a long time back, but there is a midrash asking
why the torah specifies that infants and toddlers were present at the
revelation at Mt. Sinai -- after all, they couldn't understand it and might
not even remember it.   But Rashi (medieval commentator) brings the response
that they had to be allowed to come because of course their mothers needed to
be there...

Elisheva Urbas
getting ready to read Torah this shabbat 7 mos pg with a toddler at my feet