From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 00:11:15 -0700
Hi Ann and All,
I don't think I would go cold turkey with this one.  Mom has had a
dropping/lower than needed supply for 10 weeks and to go cold turkey could
put the babies at risk for dehydration, not enough food, etc, as seen by
drops in stools and urine output, lethargy, crying, fussieness, etc.  Not a
good thing for the babies or the mom.
WHat I would reccomend to mom is:
1) Get Fenugreek and start taking that right away to increase milk supply
2) Decrease the amount of ABM supplented by 1/4 per baby every 2 days and
increase BF
3) Watch babies for negative response (ie drop in urine/stool output,
behavior, etc)
4) When down to 25% supplementation, then try cold turkey and watch babies
for response
5) Continue the Fenugreek long term, continue to closely moniter babies
growth and output.

I would have the mom take 3 caps 3 times a day, of the Fenugreek to start.

Warmly,
Jay
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."
LACTNET Quilt Raffle  Check out the web page then e-mail me at
[log in to unmask] for where to send for your tickets!