From:
Royce Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2006 22:08:45 -0600
Hey Pam,

If you get a refund, let me know.  I just recertified this year, so they
won't even have to pro-rate!

Now, onto serious matters, I don't think it makes any difference WHAT WE
CALL OURSELVES (yes, I was sort of yelling.)  If we are IBCLC's we have to
follow our Scope of Practice (SoP), or as Debbie G's DH is now calling it
PoS! :-) So whether we say we are Professional Lactation Consultants or BRF
Coaches, we ARE IBCLCs.  Does that make sense?  It sounded like it to me,
before I typed it, now it's confusing even to me.

Royce Anderson, RN, IBCLC, RLC, CD (DONA)
Oklahoma City, OK

Pam said.....
"Just want to say that I am going to start using other words to describe who
I am and what I do.  I may not be able to call myself an IBCLC until these
new SOPs are changed.  I already broke them 10 times this week alone, but
honestly; I had not even read them.

So...let's see...

Pam MazzellaDiBosco, IBCLC, RLC
Professional Breastfeeding Mentor
Breastfeeding Coach (or does that belong to our own Linda Smith? )
Professional Lactation Assistant

I will keep thinking....I am sure new and wonderful names for what I do
will come to me.  I won't change how I practice, so I will have to change
what I am called instead.  (Do you think I can get a refund on my recert
fee-- I just did it in 2005--prorated of course.)"