From:
Theresa Chmiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 02:14:26 EDT
In a message dated 10/27/99 3:46:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Might it have implications for those who want to take a 5-day course and
 walk away prepared to practice as LCs? >>

I'm not sure how to take this, Diane.  I don't think you meant to offend any
one but I can't help but feel a little uneasy putting CLC behind my name.  I
may not be "board certified" but I have several years of counseling and
clinical work under my belt.  I know IBCLC's who ask me questions and one's
who go to consultations with every intervention known to women fully
intending to use them all.

The letters don't always give a clear picture of aptitude.  In some cases it
may simply mean that a person tests well.

Remember, we all have to start some where and I am proud of the knowledge I
have gained over the years.  Maybe someday I'll become board certified.  Then
again, maybe not.

Theresa Chmiel, CLC, ICCE
Las Vegas, NV