From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:21:48 -0700
Okay folks...it's Friday and you all sound like you need some humor in your
lives.  When we talk about breastfed baby poop, I'd like you to remember
this:
 Sandwich Perfection
 --------------------
 As ham sandwiches go, it was perfection.

 A thick slab of ham, a fresh bun, crisp lettuce and plenty of
 expensive, light brown, gourmet mustard.  The corners of my jaw
 aching in anticipation, I carried it to the picnic table in our
 backyard, picked it up with both hands but was stopped by my wife
 suddenly at my side.

 "Hold Johnny, (our six-week-old son), while I get my sandwich," she
 said.

 I had him balanced between my left elbow and shoulder and was
 reaching again for the ham sandwich when I noticed a streak of
 mustard on my fingers. I love mustard. And I had no napkin.

 I licked it off.

 It was *not* mustard. No man ever put a baby down faster.

 It was the first and only time I have sprinted with my tongue
 protruding.

 With a washcloth in each hand I did the sort of routine shoeshine
 boys do, only I did it on my tongue.

-- Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC    [log in to unmask]