From:
Cathy Liles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 23:43:31 -0500
I have worked with many mothers who were diagnosed by mammogram with breast
cancer while they were nursing.  I have not heard of undiagnosed cancer when
an x-ray was done, but several who waited until weaning and regretted it.
Mammograms in a lactating mother are junky looking and hard to read, they
should not be used for a baseline, but they WILL show a mass. For those who
don't recomnmend a mammogram for a lactating woman.... SHOW ME THE RESEARCH
that indicates it is ineffective in identifying masses or that the masses
are more easily identified after weaning.  Cathy Liles