From:
Sara Bernard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 11:53:15 +0200
People, please tell me this is bulls...t. A collegue mailed me asking
whether it's true that the the second born (and subsequent babys) get less
immunoglobulins through breastmilk than a first born. Also that a second
baby would be less protected (by breastfeedin) against allergy than a first
born.

Believe it or not (actually believe it because this is what one would expect
to read from a pharmacy selling you know what) this was in a magazine from a
pharmacy (non-dispensing) here in The Netherlands. Groaaaaaaaaaaan.
I don't for one minute believe it but it's one of those dumb remarks that
you can't find a proper answer to :-(

I'm going to get hold of that magazine and do something bad with it.

Sara Bernard
The Netherlands
(definitely with sensory integration problems after a week with 6 extra
people in house ;-)  )