From:
Holly Prescott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2019 08:59:14 -0400
Pat,

I use Nancy's video all the time!  Got a chance to personally pass on my thanks to the young mom (willing to put herself out their on the web) through Nancy at a conference where she presented and thank Nancy for letting people access the video for free.  I LOVE that it is a women of color showing other moms how to comfortably latch!

I send this link to mom's who are sore, trying to get a deeper latch, are trying to get their baby back to breast after having given a bottle or who have overactive letdown.  I use it in classes I teach to our hospital staff and in our prenatal childbirth prep classes. Most importantly, I show every mom this position before they leave the hospital and grab staff to watch whenever possible (football also the go-to for our nurses).  Even if it's not time for baby to eat, they will still go thru the motions of looking for the breast, root a bit then fall asleep but at least mom sees what the baby is capable of doing on its own.  It's so satisfying to see a mom relax with a smile on her face first then get that baby into position and see them both relax.

Many thanks to all those who have shared their teaching videos! This generation of moms learns by going to the internet.  Here is a list of my top favorites.  Would love for others to share their favorites.

Global Health Media Project (can download)
Nancy Mohrbacher.com
Dr Jack Newman
Dr Jane Morton at Stanford Med

Holly Prescott RN BSN IBCLC