From:
pat Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 17:48:31 -0500

>A client claims that she is clear of vaginal yeast infections when she
>doesn't have sexual relations with her husband.  Once she resumes, she
>says the yeast returns.  Her gyn says that men cannot pass yeast
>infections to his partner.

Susan,
I hesitate to say this, but I find just the opposite.  The seminal fluid
actually neutralizes and lubricates the vagina.  That does not mean
continuous sex though.  I have been a chronic yeast person for many years.
 The other thing that is helpful is to take acidophilus tabs, 3x/day and
applying aci-jel vaginally.  The partner does need to be checked for yeast
and treated also because yeast can be passed back and forth.
Now, I just eat natual yogart daily for prevention and cut out as much sugar
as possible.
Holidays are not alot of fun.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Pat Bull, RN, IBCLC
The Breastfeeding Connection/Medela
Naperville, IL