Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:16:26 -0500
Here is their response in case you have not yet seen it.
I think that part of the problem was that someone only cut the parts
that she wanted to and put them on the Internet. The website with the
Adv. of Bottle Feeding was not a Target webpage. In fact, the send
mail to Target link that was there, now takes you to Target's
response.
After hearing more of the story, it seems like someone had an old ad
and this is no longer distributed in stores.
Jenn
Nursing Mothers' Counselor
Harrisburg, PA

The full text of the response follows:
http://www.target.com/guest/contact/index.html
Targets Response to Breast
Feeding Issue
Target is a family store. We strive to serve all of our guests,
including parents who prefer breastfeeding as well as bottle feeding.
Target does not endorse or discourage either method.
We realize that some of our guests have seen an article on the
internet titled "Advantages of bottle feeding." This article was not
placed on the web by Target. It is also an incomplete representation
of a 2-page article which featured "Advantages of natural feeding" on
one page and "Advantages of bottle feeding" on an adjoining page.
This article was part of target's Lullaby Club gift registry
publication but has expired and is no longer being distributed by
stores.
Target apologizes for any misunderstanding this article may have
caused. Our store policy is to offer assistance to mothers who wish to
breastfeed their baby while shopping. We invite them to use our
fitting rooms or another comfortable place to feed their baby at our
store.
We welcome your comments and questions.  If you need help right away,
start by checking our Frequently Asked Questions section.
If you still need help, we encourage you to use the phone numbers
listed here. Please call before e-mailing as it will help us serve you
better. If you don't see a phone number that relates to your question
or comment, e-mail us using the form below.
Thank you for being our guest. We will do our best to respond to you
as quickly as possible.