Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 21:27:23 EDT
Does anyone know if a mother's breast is more prone to bruising when she is
lactating?  We have never run into this before.  A mom came in and asked us
what we thought of the bruising on her breast.  It is on her breast above the
nipple and areola, about 1/2 way to the collarbone and looks like someone has
punched her in the breast tissue!  It is black and blue and green just like a
bruise and larger than her fist.  She denies any tenderness or any injury.
It looks like a blood vessel just burst in there.  We are stumped!  Claudia G
 RN/IBCLC